We announce the availability of scholarships 6 months prior to a weekend in our e-newsletter. If you are not signed up for the newsletter, please visit the “Contact” tab click “Subscribe” to do so. I am not able to archive applications, so if we are full, you will need to re-submit when the announcement for the next weekend goes out.
Fist Fest is not a business. It doesn’t pay anyone’s bills. It is something my partner and I, both fisters, do for our community. As such we rely on volunteers to help out with the weekends, and we have a pretty good core group of guys we can rely on to pitch in, but we also realize that attending Fist Fest can be a big bite to chew for some folks:
- Getting there
- Food & Drink
- Weekend Pass, etc
We know that keeps some guys away who would otherwise love to come.
What does the scholarship cover?
- The cost of a shared room (2 queen beds) with no more than 3 other scholarship holders;
- The cost of your weekend pass;
- Some, but not all food. (You should plan on providing the majority of your own food. Beer & bottled water is provided to everyone throughout the weekend. There is a cocktail hour on Thursday and Friday evenings and coffee & more on Friday thru Sunday mornings.) This is a drug-free event. There are also 12 Step Meetings.
How do I qualify?
The basic idea is to make the weekend affordable for guys who might otherwise not be able to attend–who are willing to help out with the weekend. So if cash is holding you back, and you’re willing to help out, you’re a candidate. The value of the scholarship is approximately $250.
Send me an email with the link at the end of this page if you are interested after reading all the information.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE TELL ME WHICH WEEKEND YOU ARE APPLYING FOR EITHER IN THE SUBJECT LINE OR IN THE BODY OF YOUR EMAIL. MANY TIMES WE ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR MORE THAN ONE WEEKEND AT THE SAME TIME.
We’ll exchange a weekend pass and a shared room in exchange for a few hours of your time to help out during the weekend.
We’re setting aside two rooms with two queen beds at the Executive Inn & Suites across the parking lot from Parliament for up to 8 Scholarship holders. Yup, you’ll be sharing the room with up to 3 others.
The room is paid for from Wednesday night through Saturday night. You can come earlier or stay longer if you wish, but those nights are on you.
We need everyone there by Wednesday mid-afternoon. Things get hectic on Thursday morning and logistically, we (I) need you.
We ask that you commit to helping out with “managing” things for no more than 3 hours per day.
What does “managing” things include?
First off, it won’t be “just us.” We circulate a volunteer sign-up sheet asking attendees to sign up for a 1 hour shift to help in various ways. But face it, most folks just wanna play. We also have our Door Master, Carlton, who helps manage the play spaces.
- Helping with logistics. I’ve got two bad knees and a torn rotator cuff. It’s difficult for me to carry boxes, cases of water, etc.
- Making sure the bottled water , sports drinks and beer are stocked.
- Walking through the Pig Pen and Tower Rooms to make sure that trash is picked up and supplies are out.
- Helping close down the play spaces at night.
- Coordinating with our Door Master.
- Assisting with Larry’s Marys on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings.
- Helping stuff swag bags and getting them to registration.
- Setting up registration and getting it torn down and boxes moved.
- Helping with setting up the play spaces and helping tear them down on Sunday morning.
- Generally being “field marshals” for the weekend.
- If one of you can be there either Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning, I could use help with the Costco run.
We’ll go out for dinner on Wednesday evening and figure out who will be doing what, when.
It should not interfere with your play at all, or be too time consuming.
You will not be identified during the weekend–no one but us will know you are there on a Scholarship.
If you have read this far and are still interested, send me an email.
Please include the following information:
Which weekend you are applying for.
Where do you live?
Tell me a little about yourself: legal name, home state and cell phone number.
Do you have a public profile? AssPig? Facebook? Twitter? Recon? What are your usernames? This isn’t a beauty or talent contest. I’m just trying to get a sense of who you are.
How certain are you that you will be able to attend Wednesday through Saturday night/Sunday morning? If you have to clear dates with work, when is that process generally completed?
Some stuff, not a lot, will require some lifting and carrying. Let me know if you are okay with that.
I know that we are several months out and that circumstances can change. I will put all approved applicants on a list in the order they applied.